Sunday, January 12, 2014

i so wish i could stick with this!

I want to be a good blogger. I want to be one of those amazing women who have gumption to get these great posts up and have a connected community going on. I want that, but I never commit. I say I'm committed. I do good for a month or two, but then I fall off the blog wagon. Oh well. I am what I am, and right now I'm a "blog when I feel like it" kind of girl.

I haven't fallen off the weight loss wagon, though. I'm still going strong. Well, kinda going strong. I've hit a plateau and I'm frustrated. I'm about to try something different. I've counted calories and exercised since April. I'm down 70 pounds, but I've been stuck at my current weight for about a month. I CAN tell a difference in my body, though. My legs are becoming more muscular, my pants are all too big, shirts are getting baggy, but the scale isn't moving. So I'm moving on to online weight watchers in addition to exercising.



A friend and I are planning to start a private Facebook page for sharing weekly weigh-ins, recipes, pictures, motivation, support, etc. We also hope to start meeting up in person to workout together and possibly do some meal prep together. If you want to join us, let me know! I'll add you to the page.

So what have I been doing? Mostly I have been doing dvd program called Focus T25. It's from the creator of Insanity, Shaun T (if you are familiar with that program or him). It's a 25 minute workout with a 3 minute stretch. I did the straight up 10 week program  and lost 20 pounds. I am now working my way through the program doing doubles every day instead of just on Friday. So my workouts are now 50 minutes with a 3 minute stretch.

My running has tapered off because it's too dark in the mornings and too dark by the time I get home. I tried running on the treadmill, but I hate it. I mean I really hate it. I ordered a head lamp to take care of that problem, but it came to me not working. So I have to return it. I do have plans for running though. I'm searching for some local 5ks, a possible Color Me Rad 5k in April in Lexington, and The Flying Pig 10k in early May.

So let's set some goals. Shall we? I like goals. It's like one big to-do list. I like lists and I especially like ticking things off the list!

Running Goals
1. One 'official' 5k between now and May 1.
2. Flying Pig 10k on May 4

Weight Loss Goals
1. Get out of the 200 club (meaning I want to weigh less than 200 pounds by the end of the year)

Food Goals
1. I want healthy food to be my lifestyle. Not my 'diet.' If we keep good for us food in the house, we will only eat good for us foods.
2. Up the water intake. Lots of water every day.

Fitness/Physical activities other than running Goals 
1. Take up bicycling.
2. Use bicycle for work commute on weather permitting days.
3. Bike Cades Cove with/without (hopefully with) my Dad in October (it's an 11 mile loop) 

So there we have it. My goals for 2014. Let's get it started!

How about you? Goals? Resolutions? Dreams? Let me hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment