Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2 Days on Plan!

So I decided to just go ahead and jump in with Weight Watchers. I started tracking yesterday and have been on plan since. I did well using MyFitnessPal and tracking calories and eating clean, but I felt very stressed by it. Our budget is soooooooo tight and completely clean,and healthy, foods in our area are sometimes hard to come by and break the bank! Big time. What I like about weight watchers is that I can still eat as clean as possible, but can also use ingredients that are easy to find in our area. Does that even make sense? It does in my head, so sorry if I can't explain it!

This doesn't mean that I'm back to processed and packaged foods. Quite the contrary. We are still eating as clean as possible, but I don't think I will feel as stressed. And right now, I need less stress in my life. I have seriously had a love/hate relationship with food for awhile because I was soooooo concerned with calorie content. With the points plus system, I can eat many of the things that I like, but not get it 'counted against me' like I would have if I was counting calories. The constant counting calories stressed.me.out. BIG TIME. So a change was needed. I think I'm going to dig this change.

I'm also excited about going on this journey with a friend from high school that is also local. We have or own little facebook group going on. We are the only members, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to add someone to the group if they wanted to join us on our weight watchers goals. We both have a BIG GOAL set for late April and early May. Lots of weight to get rid of and I've got the Flying Pig 10k. So come join us if you want!

I was planning a run for this evening since I finally got my headlamp in, but my back (which I hurt late last week) was still feeling a bit twinge-y, so I just watched an episode of Doctor Who on netflix and walked on the treadmill at a 3 to 4.5 incline at 3-4 miles an hour. So I did get some exercise in today. 

So yeah. Update of sorts and really just an effort to get back into the blogging routine. Maybe if I can just get back into the habit of logging into blogger, I can get back into writing posts with a bit more substance. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment