Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Frozen Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Cones

So, if you can't tell, I'm becoming obsessed with frozen greek yogurt treats. Maybe it's because we are ice cream fiends in this house. Like seriously. Oh.em.gee. We love ice cream. To say that I'm jones-ing for it is the understatement of the year. The store bought 'diet' ice cream treats are good (and some lower calorie that what I can make), but they are EXPENSIVE. This mama is on a budget. A strict budget. So shelling out close to $5 for a box a 5-6 bars is just not in that budget.

This is a variation on the previous recipe that I used to make frozen greek yogurt bars. It has one variation though. I added two ounces of cream cheese in effort to keep the yogurt mixture from freezing so solid.

Without further ado....

Oh wait! Disclaimer first. Most of the sweet treat recipes that I will be making on this blog contain artificial sweeteners and things like whipped topping. So if you're not down with that, awesome. Just go somewhere else. I will not be offended. So no need to tell me how awful artificial sweeteners are. I'll take my risks eating/drinking them.

Now. Without further ado... 



So here's the rundown:

Use the recipe for my other treats, but add 2 ounces of cream cheese and pipe into sugar cones instead of onto graham crackers.

But since you're probably not going to click over to the other page (I know I wouldn't), here's the recipe again.


-1 cup non-fat vanilla (or plain for fewer calories) Greek Style Yogurt
-1/2 container of whipped topping (so basically 4 oz)
-1 package sugar free pudding
-2 ounces cream cheese, softened (you could use fat free if you're more concerned about fat grams than calories)
-1/8 cup milk of your choice (I used vanilla almond milk since that was the first thing I came to in the fridge)
-8 sugar cones

makes approximately 8 cones

Mix all the ingredients together. It will be thick-ish. Almost like a sticky cookie/biscuit dough consistency. Put it all into a ziplock bag, push all the air out, snip the tip, and pipe into your cones. I used my popsicle  mold to stand the cones up. Freeze for at least 4 hours. After frozen, wrap each one in wax paper or saran wrap.

Here's the caloric breakdown for the ingredients that I used:

Yogurt - 180
whipped topping - 313
pudding - 120
cream cheese - 200
almond milk - 10
sugar cones - 50 per cone

That comes out to be about 153 calories per cone. Not to shabby for an after dinner treat!


They still freeze solid, but they are easier to bite than the previous recipe. I'm in love. Hope you guys like it. Tell me if you dig it. What flavors or additions did you use? I need to know!




No comments:

Post a Comment