Saturday, July 27, 2013

I'm good.

Some people have been asking, so here it is:

I'm moving on. I've dwelt (dwelled?) on 'the day that shall not be named' long enough. I got up Friday morning and did not want to work out. I did not want to lift my kettlebell at all. But I did. Because I can, dangit! There is no way that some random stranger and their kids are going to make me give up. I've been at this for three and a half months. I'm down 39 freaking pounds and their stupid comments are just that. Stupid. I will no longer allow them to take up space in my head. Cause you know what?


In other news, today's run was a good one. My time sucked, I was slow, but I got a few good pictures and it was fun. Another good thing that came from 'the day that shall not be named' is that it made me reevaluate this whole thing. Why am I really doing this? I'm glad that I can say that my original reason is still very much true. I want to be healthy. I don't want to be skinny. I don't need to prove anything to anyone but myself. And I will prove to myself that healthy is possible for me. A 5k is possible for me. If I prove it to others along the way, then great. They are not my motivators, though. If anyone is my motivator (other than me) it would be the Biggest and the Littlest and their Dad.

the Littlest LOVES to be the wake up call.

So yeah. I'm good. Words still hurt, and I would be lying if I said that I have completely forgot about it. But I can put it behind me. I can move forward. I can keep going. Because I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment