Tuesday, October 15, 2013

lack of motivation

So lately I have been working out. Business as usual. BUT I have had less than stellar motivation when it comes to my food intake. I haven't been over eating, but the food that has been going into my mouth, and therefore my body, hasn't been the greatest. Hot dogs and rice krispy treats on Saturday. Tons of pasta and rice and wonderfully, sinful cake on Sunday. Chips as a snack instead of fruit. Diet mountain dew that I can't seem to quit. A few of my boys' treats (oreos, fruit snacks, nutrigrain bars, etc) here and there. Etc etc etc.

This is a problem. I KNOW that you can't out exercise a bad diet. I KNOW that this is keeping me at my plateau. I KNOW a ton of stuff. But still...ugh. I just can't seem to stop. And it sucks. Big time.

I have to be my own motivation. Not that Dave and my mom and friends aren't motivating. They are. BUT they can't force me to make good food choices. I have to do that myself. I need my workouts AND my food choices to be business as usual. Not just one or the other.

So yeah. I have no point to this post, except to air out my dirty laundry of bad choices. Maybe if I admit it (again) I'll get myself together.

On a positive note (because I have to end on a good thought), today was good. I made good food choices, got my morning workout and my evening run in. Here's to tomorrow being just as good as today!

The pictures on the left are from back in mid June after I had just run my very first no stops mile. The right pictures are from today where I completed four miles with no stops! Step by step, I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment