Saturday, September 28, 2013

confessions and resolve



Confession:
I took an almost month long break. I didn’t gain any weight, but I didn’t lose any. I didn’t exercise and my food intake, while controlled, was not that great. I had a valid excuse for the no exercising. I was going to school with Silas in the mornings and working very late hours in the evenings. His hard time at school (and boy was it hard) lead me to eat things that I knew I shouldn’t, but I did it anyway. Stress eating. It’s a problem that I deal with on a very consistent basis. I’m getting better at it, though.

Silas is finally getting settled into a routine at school and I don’t have to work until 7:30 pm every night to make up for the hours I missed during the day. So I’m back on my regularly (kind of) scheduled exercise regimen. Dave and I have started a workout program called T25 that we do every morning and I’m back to running three/four times a week. It feels good to be active again. So I’m glad for that. 

Confession:
My food intake is still not what it should be. I am eating good foods, but sometimes I just can’t resist the peanut butter fudge that is on display in my office’s kitchen. A coworker’s birthday brings pumpkin roll and cheesecake and I seriously cave. It’s just little things over the course of the day that I know I shouldn’t do, but I do it anyway. Granted, I’m not eating a full slice of cheesecake or a whole piece of pumpkin roll, or copious amounts of fudge. So I’m not back to what I used to do, but my resolve isn’t as strong as it was. I’m working on it.

So anyway. I’m not going to say I am back, but I hope I am. This blog was/is very instrumental in holding me accountable for what I’m doing with, and what I’m putting into, my body. I am now fluctuating between 54 – 57 pounds lost and I can’t stop. I have come too far to give up now. 

Onward!

I’ll leave you with a quote from one of my favorite authors.
There are far, far better things ahead than any that we leave behind. 
-C.S. Lewis

One more confession:
I cannot seem to kick the diet mountain dew habit. I have tried. It’s not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment