Friday, June 21, 2013

...and here we go!

I've decided that today is the day. I am going to write the first post and get it out there. I've been sitting on this for a few days and the time is now! I'm excited about this blog and hope that it helps me, and possibly you dear reader, along the way. If you're wondering what in the world I'm talking about, go read the 'About Me' section. Maybe it will make clear the mud that I am making. Ha! As if that was clear.

I'm going to be honest here. I don't want to talk about my weight. I don't want to discuss it with the world. But the fact is, I need to. I'm still not ready to divulge how much I weigh, or where I started, BUT I will say that I have lost 29 pounds! Whoopity whoop whoop! Can I get a hallelujah up in here?!

For serious, though. I'm proud of myself. It has been a rough two months. There have been highs and lows. I have ended workout sessions in tears. I have battled the alarm clock. every.single.day. I have cried while walking. I have had knee pain and blisters and shin splints from the first few weeks of couch to 5k. It took me three weeks before I could even keep the hula hoop up! Lots of lows. But oh, the highs! That first time the hoop stayed up for more than like 10 rotations I thought I was queen of the world. The day after our first kettlebell session I was so sore, but man I felt accomplished. Watching the scale drop has been fantastic. Trying new foods and cooking with Dave has been a blast. It's just been...well, dramatic.

Team Allen started when my husband joined me about a month ago. He was supportive from the beginning, but when I asked if he would be interested in doing kettlebells with me, he was in. Full force. He's getting back down to what he weighed when we got married and, those kettlebells are doing wonderful things to those arms of his. Oh, and his butt. That's all I'll say about that.

So Team Allen is on it's way to sexy. We want to be healthy. We want to be around for many more years. We want to look and feel good. We want our boys to see us making good food choices and living an active life.

That's where I'm at. Here at the semi-beginning. I'm overcoming and it's starting to feel good!

And just because I feel that it is irresponsible to have a blog post without a few pictures, a couple shots from my morning and evening walks:






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yes you can, jaime! if you start a blog, make sure i know where to find it!

      Delete